A patio is great for dining, entertaining, and relaxing outdoors. If you want your patio to last a long time, you have to take proper care of it. A stained and cracked patio is not only unattractive, but it can also decrease the functionality of your outdoor living area.
So how can you help keep your patio in great shape? Consider patio coatings!
Types of Patio Floor Coatings
- Epoxy – Epoxy coating is used for waterproofing and sealing above-grade and below-grade floors. It is extremely surface tolerant, reduces water vapor transmissions, and is commonly found on floors of airplane hangars and parking garages. Look for epoxies that are USDA approved, low VOC (volatile organic compounds), and fast-curing.
- Moisture Vapor Barrier – This type of coating is made to penetrate deeply into concrete substrate and other masonry products like brick in order to permanently block moisture and vapor transmission. Moisture vapor barriers also allow for floor waterproofing without changing the color of the surface or leaving any film behind.
- Polyaspartic – Polyaspartic can be used as a decorative or industrial environment topcoat on exterior concrete substrates. This type of coating offers excellent adhesion, uv resistance, quick curing time, very low odor, and zero VOC. Polyaspartic coating is commonly used for warehouse, showroom floors, and airport maintenance facilities.
- Polyurethane – This variation of patio coating offers an exceptionally high uv resistance and is very resistant to abrasion and chemicals. These benefits alone make polyurethane one of your best choices for outdoor patio coating. This coating is available in high gloss (both clear and pigmented), white, and satin. Polyurethane is commonly found in high-traffic industrial areas and commercial cement floors.
- Single Component Sealer – Available in both satin and clear gloss finishes, single component acrylic sealers seal concrete and provide resistance against acids, UV light, water, and staining. This type of coating is very user-friendly and has low VOC.
- Waterborne Epoxy – This type of epoxy coating is designed to be used as a thin and resilient primer and finish. It can be used on cement, wood, and plaster floors. Waterborne epoxy usually cures overnight and is available in many colors.
East Coast Kemiko is a trusted concrete floor coatings distributor located in Laurel, Maryland. We serve customers throughout Baltimore and Washington D.C. and ship our products everywhere in the United States.
Contact us today and let our professionals help you select the best concrete coating for your outdoor patio!